Saturday, November 28, 2009

Rio to reduce greenhouse gas emissions for Olympics

This article from China View is about Rio de Janeiro's plans to reduce greenhouse gas emissions especially with regard to landfills and automobiles in preparation for the 2016 Olympics.

(picture courtesy of Google images)

2 comments:

  1. Megan,

    I love the overall feel of your website. The background and picture that you see at the top of the page promote my interest in the subject you chose. The pictures you are using are also visually appealing and make me want to read the posts. My favorite part of your blog is the diversity of stories that range from Rio seeing increased wealth from the 2016 Olympics to the banning of coconuts in preparation for this event.

    Even though the pictures are beautiful and appealing to the eye, I think some more human elements would make this blog even more complex and interesting. For instance, you could look for a video of someone talking about the coconut ban or even just a pictured with a coconut on a Rio beach. Also, some posts are centered, while others are not. This inconsistency appears to be a bit random and the centered posts are harder to read. Finally, I would categorize your posts since you cover such a vast array of topics to improve the cohesiveness of your blog.

    Despite these elements, the blog is put together very well.

    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I really enjoyed the variety of your posts as well. It's pretty crazy to see the preparations for an event of this size, and how early they begin!
    I agree that a video might bring a more human element to your blog. The post lengths are perfect though. They give me just enough information to decide if I want to know more, without ruining the larger story for me.

    ReplyDelete